Through 2017 we envision in evangelize lives and strengthen communion
A traves de 2017 nosotros prevemos en evangelizar a la vida y fortalecer la communion de fe
Welcome to the web page of St. George Catholic Church. We are happy that you visit our home page. Drop us a note or come by to worship with us.
Year of Faith Celebration
"If today the Church proposes a new Year of Faith and a new evangelization,it is not to honor an anniversary, but because there is more need of it, even more than there was fifty years ago! And the reply to be given to this need is the one desired by the Popes, by the Council Fathers, and contained in its documents." Pope Benedict XVI
The celebration for the Year of Faith will begin on 11-Oct-2012 and conclude on the 24-Nov-2013, on the solemn feast of Christ the King.
The Congregation of the Doctrine of Faith has pubished recommendations at various levels of the Church to rediscover our faith and renew our conversion to the Lord Jesus. It is through the "door of faith" that our eyes are opened wide as we gaze to Jesus Christ, who is always present among us until the end of time. Below are some of the things we can do as a parish.
- Attend rosary prayer at church every Tuesday, 7pm.
- Participate in faith enrichment every Mon and Thu evenings at the parish hall. Fr. Thu will provide different topics relating to liturgy, sacraments, sacramentals & traditions. See each week's bulletin for details.
- Read closely and meditate on Pope Benedict's Porta Fidei apostolic letter.
- Contemplate and pray for the renewal of faith, and for new ways to transmit that faith to the young.
- Share your own experience of faith and charity to our non-Catholic brothers and sisters, particularly those who do not believe.
Special Project: Baptismal Font
Each of us is called to be a responsible steward of God's gifts. SGCC needs your support in terms of resources and prayers. St. Paul reminded us in his letter to the Corinthians: "The point is this: he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do as he has made up his mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that you may always have enough of everything and may provide in abundance for every good work." (2 Cor9:6-8)
Please consider patronizing our Sponsors.